Are you an individual traveler or small group looking to get away from it all and retreat to Sky Meadow? While we primarily rent out our space to large groups, we occasionally offer dates for individuals to enjoy self-guided solo retreats in Vermont. Whether you’re looking for a tranquil place to get some serious writing done, spend the weekend outdoors, or focus on rest and meditation, our self-guided solo retreats at Sky Meadow are offered with you in mind. We provide the space, and the rest is completely up to you!
When you book a solo retreat, you will enjoy private accommodations while sharing our communal and outdoor spaces with other solo retreat guests. Here’s what you can expect as part of your booking:
- A private room in the Retreat Barn, or a private cabin of your preference (first come, first served). Please note that the outbuildings and cabins are not insulated for all-season use and are only available during the months of June-September.
- Communal access to our fully equipped kitchen and 3 shared bathrooms, all located in the Retreat Barn.
- Communal access to all indoor and outdoor hangout spaces such as the yoga floor, dining area, coffee/tea bar, woodstove, dance pavilion, hilltop meditation gazebo, firepits, swimming ponds and forest trails.
- Check-in on your first day anytime 2pm or later. Check-out on your last day no later than 2pm.
- We ask that you sign our Participation Agreement, honor our house rules and check-out procedures, and generally behave with respect towards other solo retreatants sharing the space with you. We especially ask that you be mindful of noise, as fellow guests may be engaged in silent retreat, focused creative work or deep meditation.
- Sky Meadow’s on-site caretakers, Brendan and Erin, will be available should you need anything during your stay.
- To preserve a tranquil community atmosphere, solo retreat dates are limited to no more than 12 retreatants at a time.
Pricing and Amenities
The price is $150 per person, per night, with a 2-night minimum.
Includes private lodging, shared kitchen/bathrooms, free wifi and access to our complimentary coffee/tea bar anytime. No meals are provided, but you will have access to our communal kitchen and fridge. Fruits and vegetables from our organic gardens may be available for purchase.
How to Book
First, check out our Public Retreat Calendar for dates marked “Solo Retreats Available.”
Then, simply email us at [email protected] to let us know what dates you’d like to join us, along with your preferred room/cabin request. We’ll be in touch to confirm your reservation details and payment.
In addition to designated “solo retreat” weeks on the calendar, individual stays may be available depending on availability. If you’re looking for last-minute lodging in the area, reach out to us! (Mid-week and off-peak dates are most likely to have openings.)
Solo retreats are available for October 2023! Book your solo stay between 10/9/23-10/16/23. Reach out to us to request a reservation!